In just over a week, the McNair Mini School will embark on its annual back-to-school camping trip to Strathcona. Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our itinerary (below), to check the equipment lists, and to make any last minute gear purchases.
On Tuesday, September 6 at 11:30 am, all Mini School students (grades 8-12) will meet in the large gym for an important informational meeting. We will be distributing detailed paper copies of the itinerary.
Here is a brief run-down of our trip itinerary:
Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011
- 7:00 am meet at Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal (walk-on)
- 7:45 am Ferry to Duke Point (Nanaimo)
- 9:45 am busses pick up
- 12:00 pm Campbell River McDonald’s
- 12:30pm Leave Campbell River for Strathcona
- 1:30 Arrive at Strathcona Park Lodge
- 10:15 am Buses arrive at Strathcona to be packed
- 10:45 am Depart Strathcona
- 1:30 pm McDonald’s at Island Hwy and St. George
- 2:00 pm Depart from McDonald’s
- 2: 15 pm Arrive at Duke Point Ferry Terminal
- 3:15 pm Ferry leaves Duke Point
- 5:15 pm Arrive in Tsawwassen – Parents pick up students at the terminal
We are looking forward to an amazing year and an unforgettable trip! See you on Tuesday in the large gym (11:30 am).
– Your ever-energetic Mini School Staff